Comment from Safaris

Mikumi National Park

Utalii Safari Car

Mikumi National Park
 Me and my wife have been visiting Tanzania as back-packers in January and February this year (2008) to celebrate the 60-years day of my wife.
The first part of the journey was a 4 days-safari in Mikumi National Park and Udzungwa National Park about 300 km from Dar es Salaam. The second part was about 3 weeks on The island of Zanzibar (Stone Town, Jambiani and Kendwa Beach).
Our holiday in Tanzania was altogether enjoyable but we want to give prominence to our safari in Mikumi. Partly because of our excellent guide Amani partly because of the nice Mikumi Bush Camp. Amani, is a clever and sympathetic man, who really know everything you want to know about Mikumi and other national parks in Tanzania. He gave us never to be forgotten experiences about the natural life in Tanzanian land-scape. We also want to express our satisfaction about the thrilling milieu in Mikumi Bush Camp (tents) and the staff in the camp who serve us in an excellent way.
According to the above we strongly want to recommend Amani as a guide in a safari in Mikumi and Mikumi Bush Camp as a place to pass the night/nights in a safari in Mikumi.
Erik and Gunnel Forsberg
Karlstad
Sweden.  Mon 3/31/2008 5:20 PM
Dear Jennifer,
I am now back at home after a splendid safari. Michael Kessy was most helpful and I think he enjoyed the safari too.
I am most grateful for your help and look forward to coming out again as the projects thrive.
I have given your details to an elderly friend Mr. David Nichols who come to Tanzania from time to time. He was DC Handeni for many years and has strong links with the Tanzania Rifles with whom he served i
WW2 (when it was 7 KAR). He is now 88 but still very interested and capable and speaks very excellent and correct Swahil. He usually travels with his daughter Annabel an eminent Oxford based Doctor (of medicine).
I will be very happy to recommend you to other friends of mine.
Thanks again and best wishes,
Colin; England
Tue February 12 2008 8:40 PM
Dear Jennifer and Kanzi,
I just wanted to say thank you for organizing the safari and flights to Kirawira.  We had a fantastic time!
Best wishes,
Fiona; England
Tue February 12 2008 6:29 PM
Dear Jennifer, Kanzi, Michael and Abbas
We went on safari last week with Michael and Abbas to the Selous Game Reserve.  We thoroughly enjoyed every moment on the safari, and were treated by Michael and Abbas like royalty.  Michael took such good care of us from the moment he picked us up at Dar airport when we arrived, until he checked us in and put us onto the ferry to Zanzibar after the safari.  Nothing was too much trouble for him to do, which included him finding a generator in town to keep our beers cold.  Abbas’ cooking was fantastic and even though we were on a ‘budget’ safari, the food, the accommodation and the VIP treatment we received made us feel like we were on a luxury safari.
Thank you to you all for your assistance over email, for answering questions and providing suggestions, and for making our safari in Tanzania a very special one that we will not forget.
We wish you health, happiness and prosperity in 2008.
Best wishes, Clive and Barbara (Johannesburg, South Africa)
Sent: 2 January 2008 3:28 PM
Hello Jennifer,
I just wanted to thank you (and your team) for making a wonderful safari to Mikumi  for Cecilia  (daughter) and Sophie her friend a few weeks back. It was also nice to talk with you on the phone.
I will of course pass on your name and contact to some of my colleagues who will be in Tanzania (with me) as from the New Year and hopefully we'll be able to undertake a similar few days on safari.
With very best regards,
Mike
From: Dr. Mike Wort
Sent: 03 December 2007 13:20
Dear Jennifer
I would like to say thank you for organizing a most enjoyable safari for the Dawes family.  We enjoyed every minute of it
and Pete and Eli were absolute gems.  Pete and Eli went out of their way to make sure that we had everything we needed and were as comfortable as possible.  The camps at Selous, Mikumi and Ruaha were absolutely great.  Everything went incredibly smoothly and your company can be highly recommended.
Asante Sana
From: Bronwen Dawes
03 September 2007 09:41
Dear Jennifer,
I just want to say how much we all enjoyed our safari and how well we were looked after by Pete and Eli.
Pete is an exceptionally good driver (I am not usually a good passenger!), very cheerful, committed to our welfare and professional in all his duties, has phenomenal eyesight for spotting game and was excellent company the whole 9 days. Eli kept us well fed and we found the two of them to be a great team and had much humour and laughs throughout the trip!
I am pleased to say that my Swahili returned very quickly and after a few days I was conversing reasonably well and it got better as time went on. Bronwen can speak it well, and we found that people were very pleased to speak with us. It was my son Peter’s first trip to Africa and the two guys were very good to him and made him karibu sana! He enjoyed the experience very much.
So thank you and your team for a great experience and I hope it will not be too long before we return.
Kind regards, Michael Dawes
Sent: 03 September 2007 09:41

Utalii Travel & Safaris Ltd

Site Map Safari Comments About Us

T.A.L 00009381 and a TATO member.

Utalii Travel&Safaris Ltd Copyright 2000 - 2007 All rights reserved. Revised: April 03, 2008